- About BCI
Achieve your goals with professional training from Bookkeeping Career Institute
Apply today for upcoming programs and courses, or schedule a time to meet with a BCI representative to learn more.
Spring Term 2018
April 12th – July 12th, 2018
Class meets weekly on Thursdays from 5:30 – 8:30 pm
The objective of the Financial Accounting course is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge necessary to become an entry-level bookkeeper. This intensive, course will develop your skills to successfully handle the basic accounting tasks common to any business.
This program fully demonstrates the importance and functionality of proper accounting in business financial management. In addition to being the prerequisite to the AIPB Bookkeeper Certification Program, this course is ideal for business owners, managers, and bookkeepers who want a better understanding of the accounting cycle, transaction processes, and financial statements in order to better manage their business financials.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to perform the following accounting tasks:
The Financial Accounting Course consists of 13 units of study:
|1. Introducing Financial Accounting
2. Accounting for Transactions
3. Preparing Financial Statements
4. Accounting for Merchandising Operations
5. Accounting for Inventories
6. Accounting for Cash & Internal Controls
7. Accounting for Receivables
|8. Accounting for Long-Term Assets
9. Accounting for Current Liabilities
10. Accounting for Long-Term Liabilities
11. Accounting for Equity
12. Accounting for Cash Flows
13. Analysis of Financial Statements